Invisalign treatment in California is a great option for patients who don’t want the traditional metal bracket and wire braces. Invisalign and Invisalign Teen is less painful and more convenient, making it easy to remove them to eat and brush your teeth, something that is absolutely impossible with traditional braces.
It is still an orthodontic treatment, however, and to get the most out of your treatment, we have a couple tips to make sure Invisalign does what it’s supposed to do and straighten your teeth as quickly as possible.
1. Floss daily. With Invisalign, this is more important than ever. The aligners hold onto any gunk that’s left over after your cleaning and prevent the saliva from doing a lot of the work it does if you are not wearing an aligner. Be sure to thoroughly clean in between your teeth with floss every single day.
2. Commit to wearing them at least 22 hours per day. Invisalign treatment in California only works if you actually wear the trays for most of your day. If you don’t, you are less likely to get fast, positive results from Invisalign.
3. Keep in mind that you will get used to it. Most people say that they can feel the aligners pushing against the teeth, especially during the first couple of days. When a patient wears their aligners all day, every day they begin to notice the feeling less and less.
4. The learning curve for speech is steep. When you first insert your very first aligner, you will probably talk with a lisp. The best way to get rid of this is not to take out the tray, but to practice talking with the tray in. You’ll get used to it very quickly.
5. Your aligners are unnoticeable. One of the biggest complaints from patients who undergo Invisalign treatment in California is that they feel like everyone will notice they are wearing the trays. It’s just not true, and considering the alternative, these aligners are far less visible.
6. Follow the dietary instructions. First of all, drink a lot of water. Some people produce a lot of extra saliva and become quickly dehydrated. Follow instructions regarding what you should and shouldn’t eat with the aligners in.
7. Keep your mouth squeaky clean. If your teeth and the trays themselves are not super clean, can actually hold plaque and bacteria against your teeth. Make sure you don’t have tooth decay or cavities during your treatment.
8. Use a whitening toothpaste. Many patients have found that whitening toothpaste is more effective during their treatment than previous to treatment. But hold off on other whitening treatments until after you are done with Invisalign.
9. Use your retainer as instructed. Some patients, after treatment is done, do not wear their retainer at all, which means they could lose some of their progress. You should wear it all day for a few months and then wear it at night once instructed to by the orthodontist.
Are you interested in knowing if Invisalign treatment in California is right for you? You won’t know if you don’t try, so call our office today to schedule a consultation. It could just be the solution you’ve been seeking for the smile of your dreams!